Teams are drawn into local divisions of three. Starting in November, you will play a minimum of one team at home and then one team away. The top two teams from each group progress to knockout rounds and the teams reaching the semi-finals progress to our finals day in April-May.
Saturday 30th November - Entry Closes
November to April - Round Robin Matches & Knockout Matches
May Finals Day
Each match consists of three doubles rubbers of two sets each to 21 points. If tied at 3 sets each then an exciting singles tiebreak shootout occurs. Matches will typically take 90 minutes on the court and post-match drinks/networking is actively encouraged.
The finals day will be held in London in May (date and venue TBC). Twelve teams, four from each event will battle it out to become the 2019/20 Corporate Badminton Champions. Food, drink, prizes, and trophies will be arranged for all finalists.
An entry fee of £75 per team per event is payable to cover the organization, finals day, trophies, prizes etc. Additional teams from the same company are discounted:
1 team = £75
2 team = £140
3 teams = £200
4+ teams = £60 each ( Email us before the payment)
For home matches, teams are responsible for paying for court fees, shuttlecocks and one round of drinks for the away team. For expense/budget requests, depending on venue selection this would be around £30-50 per home match.
1. Can I have more than three players in my squad - yes you can use a squad rotation system
2. Can I enter more than one team - yes you can enter multiple teams from one company
3. Where will matches be played? Team captains decide their home venue and where possible teams will be drawn with other teams in a similar location
4. When will matches be played? Matches are to be played on midweek evenings after work. Exact dates are mutually agreed by your team captain.
5. What type of shuttles do we use? For the round, robin matches shuttle type is decided by the home team. For Main Draw Knockout matches feather shuttles must be used. Feather shuttles will be used on the finals day.
3 X Teams £200.00 GBP
1 X Team £75.00 GBP
Number of Teams
2 X Teams £140.00 GBP